population six: pyrenean notes: Blanket of snow
Copyright Population Six 2004

Blanket of snow


Today, it really feels like winter has arrived; the countryside is covered in a blanket of snow and whatismore, snow is still falling. I love it, time to get wrapped up and head out for a good walk.

To my joy, the snow is fluffy and light and excellent for walking in. I made it up to San Mames, normally a 45minute walk from the village of San Juan de Plan. Today, I took the forest track, which is a bit longer but easier underfoot. There is a peacefullness in the air, and only two Landrovers pass me on the track as they make their way up to their "bordas" or barns to feed and water their cattle. I catch up with a few farmers in San Mames, invite them to a coffee from my thermos, then start to make my way down via the "camino" or path. I had a few minor falls, which made me laugh. Luckily, the solitude and beauty of the narrow tree lined path made it all worth while.

Thankfully, I had stocked the fire with plenty of wood before my departure, so I had a warm welcome. Perfect for spending a nice afternoon with a good book and good view.

Posted by Jayne at 14:23 ·

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home